Safety and Training Specialist
The purpose of the Safety and training specialist is to ensure that every field employee at Arborwell is properly trained for their role. The Safety and training specialist checks employee skill level and provides on the job training to ensure employees are qualified for their respective roles. The safety and training specialist facilitates upward mobility in the organization by participating in the development and implementation of all training programs at Arborwell. The Safety and training specialist is a proven expert with their field technical skills and can demonstrate all aspects of grounds man work, climbing and proper safety protocol as well as general tree care maintenance and stump grinding processes. The Safety and training specialist assists the safety director in various administration functions overseen by the safety department. This includes administration of driver qualification and documentation that ensures compliance to DOT and California CHP regulations as they apply to the Arborwell pool of drivers.
Full time position. Must be available for occasional after hours events. Role requires periodic travel up to 25%
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Tree Care
- ISA Certified Arborist
- TCIA Certified Tree Care Safety Professional
- California driver’s license and clean DMV record (Class A required)
- Knowledge of Industry (ANSI) and CalOSHA standards including: compliance laws, regulations, training requirements and policies
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Verification of skills for all field level positions
- Qualifying through skills check list and demonstrations
- Provides on the job training for field workers to facilitate functional capability in their respective roles and to facilitate upward mobility
- Assists Safety Director in training field employees in new work techniques. i.e., climbing, rigging, tree moving, etc.
- Holding specific trainings geared to new hires and newly promoted employees
- Work with Foremen to ensure each crew member is working at the highest quality of work and safest manner possible
- Business partner to Safety Director. Assists safety director in the development and implementation of the safety program
- Assist the Safety Director in the administration and execution of safety processes.
- Work with Production Managers and Safety Director on disciplinary actions for any violations found in the field.
- Has authority to stop work if necessary because of a perceived safety violation that could be deemed harmful to the job/employee/company.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Computer skills; excel, word, PowerPoint, NetSuite
- Knowledgeable in all areas of tree care, including solid technical skills in technique and climbing
- Good communication skills
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Comfortable in holding employees accountable to specific measurable items
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Solid problem solving skills
- Acute attention to detail
Must be proficient and capable of all duties in GTC including climbing and removals