What Is an Arboriculturist?
Though many people are aware that an arborist takes care of trees, they may not know that arborists are people who have studied the science of arboriculture. Arboriculture refers to the careful selection, planting and management of trees and shrubs. An arboriculturist, also known as an arborist, is a professional tree carer who utilizes specific methods to ensure that the trees in their care are happy and healthy.
Arborwell Professional Tree Management employs certified arborists who use arboriculture practices when caring for the trees on your commercial property. Our experts use these scientifically sound practices to ensure that your trees are cared for through every stage of their long lives.
What does an arboriculturist do?
An arboriculturist adheres to key values when it comes to taking care of trees. They are important factors in creating an environment in which your trees can thrive. When an arboriculturist cares for your trees, they will follow these values:
- Choose a healthy sapling. An arboriculturist doesn’t want to start on the wrong foot. They will help to select the healthiest sapling that will grow into a strong tree. An unhealthy sapling may grow to be an unhealthy tree and lead to future headaches for you.
- Be aware of the environment the tree is living in. Selecting the right tree for your environment can be the difference between life and death for that tree. An arboriculturist must be aware of the climate challenges that make up the environment and carefully select the right type of tree to thrive in those conditions.
- Change the type of care as the tree grows. A young tree requires vastly different care than a well-established tree. Saplings grow at an intense pace and need help with maintaining a strong structure, while older trees require less hands-on care and more preventative measures.
- Have a strong base of tree biology knowledge. If arboriculture was easy, everyone would be doing it. An arboriculturist must have extensive knowledge of the biological functions and requirements of trees in order to create wellness and management plans.
- Employ preventative care. An established tree with a strong base looks as though it can survive any challenge. But trees are very sensitive to change, whether it be because of disease, pests, or weather changes. Arboriculturists use wellness plans as preventative measures to ensure that a tree is as stress-free as possible.
Arborwell can help your trees thrive
Arborists at Arborwell use these arboriculture methods when taking care of your trees. Our experts can explain what an arboriculturist does and share their knowledge to the benefit of your commercial property. Click here to request an arborist assessment with one of our experts or call us at today.